The Village Lady And Her Two Pots


One day a woman from the nearby village came with her two pots to fetch water from the near-by river. Suddenly she remembered that she left her main door unlocked and worried that some thief may enter inside. So she left her two pots on the river bank and went running towards her home thinking that she can lock her door and come back again to fetch her pots. The two Pots had been left on the bank of a river, one of bronze, and one of earthenware. When the tide rose they both floated off down the stream. 

Now the earthenware pot tried its best to keep aloof from the bronze one, which cried out: "Fear nothing, friend, I will not strike you." "But I may come in contact with you," said the other, "if I come too close; and whether I hit you, or you hit me, I shall suffer for it."

Moral Of The Story: The strong and the weak cannot keep company.

No comments :

Post a Comment