The Bumble Bee And The Two Flies


Once upon a time, a Bumble Bee was flying on a, hot Summer day. Flying next to the Bumble Bee were two little Flies. 

What are you two small little Flies buzzing about?” asks Bumble Bee mockingly. “It’s a beautiful summer day and look how beautiful I am! I am the most beautiful Bumble Bee in the whole world!”


We don’t think you’re that pretty Bumble Bee. “Why do you have to brag about yourself all of the time?” asked the two flies.


You’re just jealous!” laughs Bumble Bee. “You two are just little, ugly Flies and I’m a beautiful Bumble Bee with beautiful wings!

Ha! Ha!” laughs Bumble Bee. “It’s so sad how nobody likes you small, ugly Flies!” Summer is now turning into Fall. Fall has now turned into Winter. The Bumble Bee is not feeling too well in the colder weather. It has started to snow outside!

What’s the matter, Bumble Bee?” asks the two Flies sarcastically. “Are you having a hard time adjusting to the colder weather? We small flies are doing just fine over here! We can do just fine in any weather, unlike you!” 

It matters not, you small little Flies!” says Bumble Bee. “In a few weeks, it will be nice and warm again and I’ll be flying around absorbing the sun and looking as beautiful as ever!”

“Poor, Bumble Bee” says the Flies mockingly. “It looks like you are having a tough time dealing with this cold weather! You don’t look nearly as big, beautiful, and colorful as you did last summer! What happened?”

“Yeah, what happened?” We are doing just fine in this weather. In fact, we look a lot bigger than you do right now!”

Winter finally turned into Spring. The weather started to get warmer. The Bumble Bee is starting to feel better and is starting to fly around again."The weather is finally getting warmer and I’m starting to feel better again,” exclaims Bumble Bee happily. “My wings are starting to glow again!”
“That’s just great!” says the Flies. “Now we are going to have to listen to you brag all Spring and all Summer about how beautiful you are again, just like last year!”

“No, says Bumble Bee. “I learned my lesson! I may look nice in the spring and summer, but I certainly don’t look too good when it starts to get cold. On the other hand, you two survive well in any weather, even though you may not look as nice as me during the summer. I’m sorry that I was so unkind to you before!”

I would really like to be your friend!” says Bumble Bee.

“We would really like to be your friend, too!” says the Flies. Bumble Bee bends over and gives the two Flies a big hug.

And they all lived happily ever after!

No comments :

Post a Comment